Are you a qualified GI actuary, seeking to take on your next career challenge within a major insurance group?
Then this is a fantastic role offering the chance to work closely across all of the Group’s GI business units while presenting the opportunity for involvement in projects across different GI business areas (property, motor, latents, London market, etc) across Ireland, UK and Canada.
Responsibilities will include:
- reserve reviews including liaising with the global GI actuarial community;
- requesting and analysing data on a quarterly basis;
- production of independent reserve reviews for all GI markets on rolling bi-annual cycle;
- contributing to group guidance on IFRS and Solvency II methodology;
- the oversight of locally developed methodologies relevant to the determination of the IFRS and Solvency II technical provisions;
- developing the GI reserving dashboard using Python and R to ensure reserve information from business units is analysed and presented effectively using the latest machine learning techniques.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of the UK and Ireland GI markets, and some experience of GI business.
Experience with one or more of these packages is desirable - ResQ, AIM, Python or R.
An excellent opportunity to play a key role within a fluid, diverse and multi-disciplinary team where your unique insights will be nurtured and encouraged.
Take the next step on your career journey.